Plan for 5.3-RELEASE

alexander arundel at h3c.de
Wed Oct 27 05:46:23 PDT 2004

On Tue Oct 26 04, Martin Chikilian wrote:
> Hi Scott and lists.
> With all of this, i expect to keep testing RC1, and RC2 should come
> before 5.3 to be completely released.
> If 5.3 is scheduled to be released in 7-10 days, you could release
> -RC2 in next 3-5 days so we've the posibility to test fixed things
> that might not be in current -RC1.
> Just an idea.
>
> Cya,
> Martin

That's a really good idea. In fact, I wouldn't set a static release date at all. You guys should
try fixing all the bugs that poped up in the -RC1 and release a second RC. Continue in that fassion
until there are no major bug reports filed in let's say...two weeks.

Of course people want 5.3 to be released as quickly as possible, but the very same people will
complain, if that RLEASE will only have a single bug in it. Having one or more major or even fatal
bugs in 5.3-RELEASE could be really nasty. High traffic load in mailing lists, ISO hash changes,
doc changes.

And please don't forget 4.11. ;)