Best jail howto/FAQ

Charles Sprickman spork at inch.com
Tue Oct 26 18:11:48 PDT 2004

I know this is something of a frequent question, but jail seems to be
evolving and many a google hit is no longer quite as relevant as I'd
hoped.

I'm leaning towards using 5.3 on a new project, so I'm mainly interested
in any faqs/howtos beyond the manpage that address changes in jail from
4.x->5.x.  What are some of the improvements in 5.3?  Anyone have a
particular doc on jail that's your favorite?  Any favorite tools for
managing jails?

I'm looking to use this to isolate a few shell users from the rest of the
system, it's not a huge web-hosting type project which seems to be the
typical use of jail.

Thanks,

Charles

--