freebsd 5.3 have any problem with vinum ?

Andrew Konstantinov abkonstantinov at ucdavis.edu
Mon Oct 25 10:30:43 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 05:55, Oliver Torres Delgado wrote:
> I have freebsd 5.3 rc1 installed perfectly, i configure vinum with the handbook and all work perfect
> but when try run vinum with rc.conf there display the error:
>
> panic: unmount: dangling vnode
> cpuid: 0
> uptime= 4s
> Cannot dump. No dump device defined
> Automatic reboot in 15 seconds.
>
> why happened ? I configure freebsd 4.x with this config and work perfectly :(

Just like me, you should have checked the mailing list archive first.
Here is a nice solution:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-August/035547.html
I switched from 5.2.1 to 5.3 and had the same problem which you'ved
described above. Once I've switched to gvinum, everything went back to
normal.

Andrew