process stuck in nfsfsync state

Joan Picanyol lists-freebsd-stable at freebsd.org
Mon Oct 25 01:58:21 PDT 2004

* Ken Smith <kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU> [20041025 05:49]:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 02:20:08AM +0200, Joan Picanyol wrote:
>
> > This is driving me nuts, and I'm surely not the only one using GNOME
> > over NFS, is anyone else seeing this? What exactly is going on? How can
> > I fix it? It might be that the problem appeared going from BETA3 to
> > BETA6, but I've been unable to "downgrade" the workstation; where can I
> > get a copy of BETA3 to test this?
>
> Are you running the lock daemon on the server?

Yes, on both client and server, and the client can see it running too:

joan at calvin:~(0)$ rpcinfo -s grummit
   program version(s) netid(s)                         service     owner
    100000  2         udp,tcp                          portmapper  unknown
    100004  2,1       tcp,udp                          ypserv      unknown
    100005  1,3       tcp,udp                          mountd      unknown
    100003  3,2       tcp,udp                          nfs         unknown
    100021  4,3,1     tcp,udp                          nlockmgr    unknown
    100024  1         tcp,udp                          status      unknown
joan at calvin:~(0)$ rpcinfo -s calvin
   program version(s) netid(s)                         service     owner
    100000  2,3,4     local,udp,tcp                    portmapper  superuser
    100007  2         tcp,udp                          ypbind      superuser
    100024  1         tcp,udp                          status      superuser
    100021  4,3,1,0   tcp,udp                          nlockmgr    superuser

tks
--
pica