NO_YP_LIBC breaks 4-STABLE buildworld

Eirik Øverby ltning at anduin.net
Sat Oct 9 12:23:41 PDT 2004

PS: I've posted a similiar mail to @current, but not a dupe ;)

Hi!

For some time I've been wanting to use NO_YP_LIBC with buildworld for
my jails, to enable NIS on the host system but keep the jails
functioning.

I noticed back in August that a patch was submitted to make this work
on then-CURRENT:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arch/2004-August/002550.html

Sadly, when compiling 4-STABLE (as of 45 minutes ago), buildworld gives
me the following errors:

...snip snip...
===> libexec/mknetid
cc -O -pipe -march=pentiumpro    -c /usr/src/libexec/mknetid/mknetid.c
cc -O -pipe -march=pentiumpro    -c /usr/src/libexec/mknetid/hash.c
cc -O -pipe -march=pentiumpro    -c
/usr/src/libexec/mknetid/parse_group.c
gzip -cn /usr/src/libexec/mknetid/netid.5 > netid.5.gz
gzip -cn /usr/src/libexec/mknetid/mknetid.8 > mknetid.8.gz
cc -O -pipe -march=pentiumpro     -o mknetid mknetid.o hash.o
parse_group.o
mknetid.o: In function `main':
mknetid.o(.text+0xdc): undefined reference to `yp_get_default_domain'
*** Error code 1
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error

This feature would be very useful, and it is sad to see that it has
once been in the tree but that it does not work any longer.

Here's to hoping someone can look into it (Bjoern, are you reading
this? ;)

Thanks,
/Eirik