Promise TX2 SATA controllers

Doug Ambrisko ambrisko at ambrisko.com
Fri Oct 8 12:49:26 PDT 2004

Jean-Francois Dockes writes:
| Just in case it may help someone (this information is not very easily
| accessible in the archives):
|
|  - I have a Promise TX2 controller with a PCI ID of 0x3375105a . It works
|    for me in 4.10 by adding the new PCI ID everywhere that you'll find the
|    other/old one (0x3371105a) in the patch (see next paragraph) or kernel
|    source under dev/ata. Don't blame me if you lose your data, I will not
|    take responsibility, but this is weakly supported by the the two
|    controllers appearing to be handled just the same in -current.

I added it to my local tree and it be in the next patch set.  I need
to add soft error recovery (ie. if one drive has a read error automatically
recovery from the other drive) and a little more graceful addition of a failed
drive back into the RAID.  I also fixed a raid bug in ar_rw which could
lead to a panic on on I/O error.

Thanks,

Doug A.