kernel help

Geoff Sweet lists at whootis.com
Thu Oct 7 20:21:46 PDT 2004

Alrighty so I am back up and running on my kernel.GENERIC.I started to
read through the docs for doing a build world, and I don't think I am
ready for that step yet.  Mostly because this is a co-lo box that I only
have SSH access to.

Anyway now I want to make my changes to my GENERIC kernel so that I
don't have to do the world thing.  So I already CVSup'ed the /usr/src
directory to 4.10, so that is bad for me. Can I whack the /usr/src
directory and use sysinstall to load on the /usr/src files? If I tell it
to go get it from ftp.freebsd.org, is it going to retrieve the latest
(so 4.10) source or will it retrieve my default 4.9 source?  I am trying
to get a cd stuck in my box so that I can just do this off the CD, but
thier tech support is a bit slow... HA.

Thanks!
Geoff Sweet