kernel help

lists at whootis.com lists at whootis.com
Wed Oct 6 21:56:25 PDT 2004

So tonight I walked through compiling my kernel from 4.9-STABLE to 4.10-STABLE.
Compiling it went really well and all looked good until I reboot.  When I
rebooted All seemed to go ok for a bit... but then commands started to hang and
disconnecting from SSH would leave my SSH session hung.  I reboot back into my
kernel.old and most everything is relatively happy again.

But now my question.  How do I make this the default kernel again?  I obviously
don't want to use the new kernel because it has problems.  Can someone help me
with this?

For reference sake I only used the GENERIC config and the only like I added to
it was the options line to add user quotas.

THanks
Geoff Sweet