imaging freebsd

RYAN vAN GINNEKEN maillist at computerking.ca
Tue Oct 5 22:55:40 PDT 2004

I have used flexbackup to basically image my main server ie used the
device parameter to get files ads1a, ads3e, ads4e.  These are my /,
/var, and /usr partitions and have been stored on another freebsd box in
my internal network.  Now i have some new hardware ie a new server and
wish to put these files (ads1a, ads3e, ads4e) on it.  This new server
has no OS on it yet, but has been booted with the freebsd boot cd to
create the /, /var, /usr partitions. How do i restore the files ads1a,
ads3e, ads4e, from the remote machine to this new server with blank /,
/var, /usr partitions.  Like a ghost multi cast type operation do not
like to use ghost because you must turn the server off.
Basically i would like to clone my freebsd system to a new one is
flexbackup the correct software to use or is there a simpler solution
for this.