Unable to get a working 4-STABLE SMP kernel

Jeffrey Sman jeffreysman at programmer.net
Sat Oct 2 08:44:19 PDT 2004

Hello,
I'm having problems compiling an SMP kernel. The problem is not the compiling, but when i boot the kernel it freezes.
First i thought it had to do with my S-ATA disk, but after removing that i got Watchdog timeouts no my NIC.
I don't have a clue why the kernel isn't working and I wonder if S-ATA is supported. Who can help me out?
I'm having a P4 2,8Ghz HT, P4C800E-deluxe motherboard 1x S-ATA hdd, 2x ATA hdd's. I'm running 4-Stable without problems, but as soon as i compile with smp support enabled the system won't boot. If more information is need, please tell me what you need to know and how i can get the infromation.

With kind regards,

Jeffrey