the best graphicscard for FreeBSD

Paulo l1 at npf.deec.uc.pt
Tue Nov 30 01:59:10 PST 2004

Michael Nottebrock wrote:

>On Tuesday, 30. November 2004 10:08, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
>
>I shouldn't edit around in my replies so much. I meant to say:
>

>>Well, that's exactly the reason "why not freebsd". I didn't know research
>>labs these days choose the software they're working with based on what
>>

>the software could do instead of what it actually can do (right now).

But you are still thinking of  software consumers and not of software
producers.
We develop our own software and it also runs on FreeBSD... But it could
run better if we  had accelerated 3D drivers. Currently we have 2
options, mesa-gl and nvidia, but these options are not only for freebsd,
they are the same we have for linux too.

-- paulo