Cannot install 5.3 on tyan tiger 133

Stacey Roberts stacey at vickiandstacey.com
Mon Nov 29 14:32:15 PST 2004

Hi,
  An Update..,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Wall <chris.wall at cbrworld.com>"
To: To freebsd-stable at freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 29 Nov, 2004 16:28 GMT
Subject: Re: Cannot install 5.3 on tyan tiger 133

> Stacey Roberts wrote:
>
> >Hi Chris,

I just located an old FreeBSD-5.1 CD-Set from BSDMall I had lying around.., and tried install with that..,

I was actually able to get through the installation process up until "Selecting Installation Media" referenced in the Handbook here: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-media.html.

I selected (left the default) to install using option [1] CD / DVD, but this produced an error that asays that no CD / DVD Rom drive was detected, and that I should check to make sure that the drive was supported by the OS.., or something along those lines..,

How could that be? Seeing that I was actually running the installation off the 5.1 CD-Rom disk 1 at the time???

Regards,

Stacey

> Chris

Stacey Roberts