Beastie/ how about Mozilla?

Scott Long scottl at freebsd.org
Mon Nov 29 10:49:26 PST 2004

Frank Mayhar wrote:
> Jon Noack wrote:
>
>>Can we please stay on-topic?  Stephan's email seems to have sparked a lot
>>of Christian-bashing, and I can't see how that is on-topic.  Sure, he
>>probably deserved to be flamed for not finding the "beastie_disable" knob,
>>but I am offended by some of the emails I've seen.  Since when is it
>>acceptable to ridicule a person's religious beliefs on stable@?
>

> When their religious beliefs start affecting my life, I'm not going to remain
> silent about it.  You can call that "ridiculing" or "Christian-bashing" if
> you want, but as far as I'm concerned it's impossible to ridicule someone who
> is shaken by a _picture_ of _cartoon_(!) on their computer.
>
> I would have been happy to remain silent on this, but it led to Scott's
> commit that removed the beastie menu and that was going too far.  In that
> sense, yes, it is indeed relevant for stable.

Please drop the religious argument.  My decision was based on months of
experience, not a single email.  I'm most concerned that we are allowing
ourselves to be so distracted by it.  If you don't like it, don't use
it.  If you like it, use it.  If you don't like those that don't like
it, please keep it to yourself.

Scott