Fatal error: Can't open privilege tables: File '/usr/local/share/mysql/charsets/?.conf' not found (Errcode: 2)

Ricardo David Martins ricardo.martins at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 08:15:49 PST 2004

Hi

I am trying to run mysql 4.0.21 server on a freeBSD 5.3 box. I tried
to run mysqld_safe to add a root password but i can't seem to run the
safe command because it shuts down immediately.

The following error is presented to me:

Fatal error: Can't open privilege tables: File
'/usr/local/share/mysql/charsets/?.conf' not found (Errcode: 2)

I would like it to load the latin1.conf charset.

I can't find any variable that influences this choice. Probably there
is something not configured or the configuration isn't supported.
Anyway I would like to know how to choose this. I installed the binary
freebsd package which is suppose to be very reliable to a quick start.

Thanks

--
Ricardo David Martins

AVISO

Esta mensagem (incluindo quaisquer anexos) pode conter informação
confidencial para uso exclusivo do destinatário. Se não for o
destinatário pretendido, não deverá usar, distribuir ou copiar este
e-mail. Se recebeu esta mensagem por engano, por favor informe o
emissor e elimine-a imediatamente. Obrigado.

DISCLAIMER

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information for exclusive use of its recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use, distribute or copy this e-mail.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender and
delete it immediately. Thank You.