the best graphicscard for FreeBSD

Robin Schoonover end at endif.cjb.net
Thu Nov 25 11:18:14 PST 2004

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:43:28 +0100
Fredrik Eriksson <freebsd-stable at omnib.org> wrote:

> I don't think this is about which card is better than the other, more
> about NVidia being reactionary bastards who refuse the idea of open
> source. NVidia graphic cards are probably great for playing games in
> windos.

The story goes that they cannot release specs or open source drivers for
their video cards because they do not own the rights to some parts of
their cards.

It's better nvidia than ati for newer cards if you want 3d acceleration
though, since no open source drivers exist for the newer cards and ati
only provides binary drivers for linux.

--
Robin Schoonover            <end at endif.cjb.net> <endx7 at users.sf.net>
# Bob Porter: Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.