graid3 not working on partitions

Michael Reifenberger mike at Reifenberger.com
Wed Nov 24 06:42:13 PST 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> The thing you have to avoid (probably it should be more clear in the
> manual page) is to allow providers to share the same last sector.
> The gradi3 class uses the last provider's sector to store metadata
> and if you have 2 or more providers which share this sector you are
> in troubles. In your case da1, da1s1 and da1s1a providers use the
> same last sector and graid3 is confused and picks first provider
> given by GEOM for taste.
> You should create labels once again and leave the last sector on da1s1
> unused, so da1s1 and da1s1a don't end at the same offset.

Jup. This worked.

BTW: Is there a way to change a providers sectorsize (da1s1a in my case)
or ist it allways inherited from da1?

Bye/2
---
Michael Reifenberger, Business Development Manager SAP-Basis, Plaut Consulting
Comp: Michael.Reifenberger at plaut.de | Priv: Michael at Reifenberger.com
       http://www.plaut.de           |       http://www.Reifenberger.com