ntpd v4.2 problem

Jason C. Wells jcw at highperformance.net
Tue Nov 23 20:54:43 PST 2004

--On Tuesday, November 23, 2004 6:38 PM -0500 Harlan Stenn
<Harlan.Stenn at pfcs.com> wrote:

> In 4.1, notrust means "do not trust this host/subnet for time".
>
> In 4.2, notrust means "require crypto auth before believing this
> host/subnet for time".

I have been trying on and off for some time now to figure why my server was
tagged as reachable but rejected.  I read all manner of stuff about how
some clocks are bad for arcane protocol reasons.  Now, purely by accident,
I discover that the behavior of notrust has changed and that was the source
of my problem.  Groooovy!!!!!  Thanks!

Later,
Jason C. Wells