Network related panic on FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE/AMD64

Robert Watson rwatson at freebsd.org
Fri Nov 19 02:52:24 PST 2004

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Robert Watson wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Slawek Zak wrote:
>
> > I can reproduce it easily,
> >
> > The panic message and backtrace is:
>
> Could I get you to convert the symbol+offsets below to line numbers
> using gdb on a copy of your kernel with debugging symbols?  In
> particular, the offsets into tcp_output, tcp_input, and ip_input.

Also, since this is highly reproduceable for you, could you try running
with "options SOCKBUF_DEBUG"?  It could be that we're looking at a socket
buffer corruption issue, and this debugging option will catch it earlier
(at some cost to performance).

robert at fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research