IBM x225 Boot Failure with all recent 5.x releases

jcaldwell at ymcastlouis.org jcaldwell at ymcastlouis.org
Tue Nov 16 09:58:18 PST 2004

Has there been any change in the status of the x225 bug in 5.3? I've got a
5.3-release CD, and it still shows the same problem. Right now, my plans
to deploy FreeBSD are stuck, until this bug gets resolved.

To refresh memory (and I'm filling in a bug report as soon as I'm done
here) - on any IBM x225 server, 5.3 (or 5.2.1) refuses to boot - it starts
to load the bootloader, gets as far as 'Looking up /BOOT/LOADER - Found',
and then I get continous loops of 'BTX Halted' plus register dumps. Never
gets any further.

Any clues? Lastest BIOS.