Problem with Intel SCRU42X Raid controller.

Tony Byrne tonyb at byrnehq.com
Mon Nov 15 04:08:57 PST 2004

Hi Folks,

I'm seeing the problem described in the following thread with
5.3-STABLE and an Intel SCRU42X RAID controller:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-January/019754.html

Basically, operations such as "find /" sometimes block and the driver emits a
"amrd0: bad slot x completed" kernel message.  At this point all
further disk access blocks and the machine needs to be rebooted.  The
Intel card is a re-badged AMI MegaRaid.

Can anyone tell me whether this is the same bug reported in the above
thread and whether is is still an open issue?  Also, does the bug also
apply to 4.10?

Thanks,

Regards,

Tony.