msdosfs - support for large disks?

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Sun Nov 14 21:59:33 PST 2004

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 18:27:08 +0200
Saulius Menkevicius <bob at nulis.lt> wrote:

> It support those, you just have to include
> options MSDOSFS_LARGE
> in you kernel config file.

OK, I found that (shouldn't this be documented in the NOTES file,
even if it is an experimental patch?), and made a new kernel with it.

> At least it works for me on 184GB fat32 partition.

Well, it works here too, on a 234GB partition. Sort of, at least.
I can mount the partition, and copy files to (and from) it, make
directories and so on. But, I get lots of "invalid file handle" messages
when I try to copy files to it. That makes it unusable for me.

I guess I'll have to use something else.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,