Redirecting console output to serial port to capture error message

Roger L. Beeman rlb at subako.org
Fri Nov 12 11:13:28 PST 2004

Is the console redirection functionality of the boot floppies and
distribution iso disks intended to be diffent from that of a system
installed on a hard drive?

    echo -h > /boot.config to enable the serial console for the
        boot loader and kernel.

isn't getting the job done for me. On the boot floppies, there is something
that actually announces itself as setting the comconsole back to
vidconsole and on the cd images there is an error message that I would
like to capture, that seems to ignore the setting of comconsole.

Roger L. Beeman