pccard modem and ethernet don't work together

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Nov 11 13:37:16 PST 2004

In message: <opsha4drf48527sy at smtp.local>
            Ronald Klop <ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org> writes:
: On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 01:56:09 -0700 (MST), M. Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com>
: wrote:
:
: > In message: <opsg5276wv8527sy at smtp.local>
: >             Ronald Klop <ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org> writes:
: > : I posted the same text as below to current@ on 20 Oct, but got no
: > answer.
: > : Is there somebody here who knows more about this or can tell me where
: > : look further?
: > : I got a 'me too' message from somebody who googled my previous
: > question,
: > : so there are more people with this problem.
: >
: > I ment to reply, but got busy with the release.  I'll see if I can
: > recreate the problem.
: >
: > Warner
:
: Thanks in advance.
: I am still looking around myself and am wondering if I need to run pccardd?
: I thought it was replaced by devd, but it is still in the system.
: Does pccardd have more functionality than devd and is it possible that it
: can solve my problem?
: Or am I looking in the wrong direction?

pccardd won't help.  The problem is almost certainly some kind of
resource allocation issue that's casuing the cards to fail.

Warner