The "calcru: negative...." messages.

Martin Smith stable-list at rakupottery.org.uk
Wed Nov 10 14:07:09 PST 2004

Dean Patterson wrote:
> Just to edify all I was getting constant "calcru:
> negative...." messages and I isolated it to ACPI.  To
> remedy this I put an entry in the device.hints file to
> disable ACPI.  Now to edify me;  Is this a good
> aproach?  Any issues by not having ACPI loaded?  Thank
> you all and to all a good night!
>
> Dean.

Well, as a brief example, on my old Asus P5A, a worthy mobo I might add,
with ACPI enabled the system time races forward at a rate totally
unrelated to that generally accepted, it becomes tomorrow before tea
time. I have found it most useful to leave it disabled, I dont think I
am losing anything valuable.

All the best

--
Martin Smith