List of unneeded files?

Xin LI delphij at frontfree.net
Wed Nov 10 11:26:57 PST 2004

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 04:39:33PM +0100, Aron Stansvik wrote:
> I just upgraded my 5.2.1-RELEASE laptop to 5.3-RELEASE, all went fine
> but I have a question: Is there a list of the files installed by 5.2.1-RELEASE
> that are not installed/needed by the 5.3-RELEASE? If there isn't, why not?
>
> I've looked through the Release Notes and Migration Guide without finding
> anything like this, I can't say it feels like a "clean upgrade" until
> those files
> are gone.

As mentioned in the Migration Guide, the perferred upgrade method is to dump all
configuration files, then install from scratch.

However, you may find

``find /usr/bin /usr/sbin /usr/lib /usr/libexec /usr/share -atime +30 -delete''

useful, while this is not guaranteed to be safe if you have some handly installed
applications.  Please be sure that you have backed up everything before doing so.

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij frontfree net>	http://www.delphij.net/
See complete headers for GPG key and other information.