PXE installing 5.3-RELEASE on a Soekris 4801 fails

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Mon Nov 8 11:08:33 PST 2004

Hello!

Today my Soekris 4801 box arrived. I tried to install 5.3-RELEASE
following this document:

	http://www.rfc1149.net/freebsd-net4801.html.en

While it works precisely as described with a 5.2-RELEASE or 5.2.1-RELEASE
CD-ROM, it fails with 5.3-RELEASE:

[... Kernel loading and starting just fine ...]
Mounting root from nfs:
NFS ROOT: 10.0.0.110:/cdrom
init: not found in path /sbin/init:/sbin/oinit:/sbin/init.bak:/stand/sysinstall
panic: no init
Uptime: 2s

Am I supposed to do anything different with 5.3 or did something
get mangled?

Thanks,
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH         Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25        Tel. 0721 9109 -0 Fax: -100