'ifconfig fxp0 -alias' wipes out all IPs on device

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Sat Nov 6 21:16:25 PST 2004

At 1:02 AM -0400 11/7/04, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>I hate to report an email, but after being laughed at by both
>Linux and Windows users, I'm kinda concerned at the lack of
>response to my originals ... is this truly the desired behaviour?
>And, if so ... can someone put some sort of warning/notice about
>it in the man page(s)?

I imagine you received no response simply because several of the
main developers have been swamped trying to finish off 5.3.  I
remember seeing your earlier report, but I don't remember which
mailing list it was sent to.

I'll respond enough to say that the behavior you saw seems
undesirable to me.  But I'm not a networking guy, so that doesn't
mean much...

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu