What Is the aic_recovery Process? (Was Re: ProblemsAfterUpgrading from 4.9-RELEASE-p4 To 4.10-RELEASE-p3)

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Wed Nov 3 16:05:13 PST 2004

On 11/3/2004 12:52 PM Vivek Khera wrote:

> On Nov 3, 2004, at 1:15 PM, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
>
>> Can someone please tell me what the aic_recovery process is in my ps
>> -acux output?  Maybe if I can read about this, I can figure out where
>> my whole problem lies.  My original post is below.
>>
> I'm not sure exactly what they are for, but they exist on every one of
> my 4.10 boxes that have a certain adaptec scsi card in them.  Matters
> not if there are tapes or cd's attached.  Some only have disks.

Thanks.  I have an Adaptec 7895c in this box.  Must have something new
in 4.10?  I don't think I ever had it prior to upgrading.  Can anyone
else comment?

So, does shutdown complete on your system?  I don't know if you read
this thread or not but I'm experiencing the same symptoms.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2003-December/016933.html

Thanks,

Drew

--