umass0: CBI......

Eitarou Kamo e-kamo at trio.plala.or.jp
Fri May 28 20:50:06 PDT 2004

Hi Tod,

Tod Luginbuhl wrote:

>>Eitarou,
>>I too have a Sony laptop with this problem (MagicGate memory stick).  If
>>you wait, the memory stick device will be probed five times, then the
>>boot process with move on and boot normally.   It takes a few minutes
>>(between 10 and 20). I am sorry to say I have not gotten my act together
>>to report the details of this problem to the list yet.
>>
>>Tod

Is there any temporary workaround such as disabling umass
device? This problem seems to continue from 4.7 or earlier.

Does "options DA_OLD_QUIRKS" affect this problem?

and now I was aware that after enough 20 minutes
my machine doesn't prompt the "login:".

Eitarou

-- *********************** Eitarou Kamo Tel. +81 75 7035997 Fax +81 75
7035997 VoIP 050 10585997(domestic only) e‐mail e-kamo at trio.plala.or.jp
For business: Feel free to mail me(above), please. Donation
http://www.PayPal.Com GPG FingerPrint: 032D FDF9 D27B 23F7 9A81 BF4C
626C FBAA BC3A 9895