Is 4.10 the last upgrade for 4.x?

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Fri May 28 06:48:11 PDT 2004

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 09:40:22AM +0000, Eriq Lamar wrote:

> or will there be another one before 5.x becomes stable

Actually we were thinking about doing a 4.11 a little while after 5.x
becomes stable.  The expectation at the moment is for 5.3 to be the
point that the 5.X line becomes -STABLE.  We would do 4.11 just to
give large sites some extra time to fully migrate over.  It would not
likely contain anything significantly new.  Just accumulation of
bugfixes and a packages set built around the time of release.

The next thing released will be 5.3.  If we stick to this plan 4.11
would be released several months later - I would guess very late this
year or early next year.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu