4.9 (4.10) on Fujitsu-Siemens Primergy RX100?

Doug White dwhite at gumbysoft.com
Thu May 27 15:43:30 PDT 2004

On Tue, 25 May 2004, Vasenin Alexander aka BlackSir wrote:

> I'm planning to use subj 19" 1U server in production system, but FSC don't officially support FreeBSD on any of they servers. In
> technical data I found some piece of infos about this system. Some parts of system are not in the
> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.9R/hardware-i386.html , but very close to them.

FreeBSD should run fine on this. There's Tyan boards that are very similar
that work fine.

> RAID: Promise 20270            Only 20265,20269 and some FastTrack?

Promise dev IDs iterate pretty rapidly, but Soren also keeps the Promise
support fresh.

> LAN:  Intel 82540EM(1Gbit)     Supported
> LAN:  Intel 82550PM(100Mbit)   Seems like not supported, but intel.com tells opposite?

No problems on either of these (em and fxp, respectively)

A report from an actual user would be good, but from the description I
don't see anything that would be a problem.