build world in 4.9 ?

Matt mathewbr at adelphia.net
Fri May 21 08:01:04 PDT 2004

Thanks for the replies to my "Is The List Active Post" Ingrid and Liam.

I've got an AMD K6-2 500 with FreeBSD 4.9 and a CMD ATA 100 (Siig)
Controller installed and 256MB SD100 RAM with a 40GB UDMA 100 HDD.
I went to BSD because RHat 9 would not recognize the drives attached to my
Siig or my Highpoint ATA controllers as ATA/UDMA 100 without doing major
surgery, the board is a FIC 503+ and only provides ATA/UDMA 33.
I'm in the process of running "buildworld" after updating my src/ports and
have customized a Kernel for the Processor prior to my *buildworld* attempt.

Question: Does anybody have any idea how long it might take to finish
*buildworld* on this system, been going for about 3hrs now.

Regards, Matt

---
Regards, Matt