Digiboard PCI Xem driver

Lefteris Tsintjelis lefty at ene.asda.gr
Wed May 19 07:38:11 PDT 2004

Hi Peter, code compiled with no problems but didn't work. I tried a few things
and even tried a fresh new installation of -current with a couple of different
results but there seems to be a problem with the driver. The behavior of the
driver was very similar with -stable as well as with -current.

-stable) when compiled in the kernel, kernel crashed on boot.
         when compiled as a module I got the following error:

# kldload digi_Xem
# kldload digi
digi0 mem 0xe1800000-0xe1bfffff irq 10 at device 11.0 on pci0
. ( and about 5-10 seconds later on ) ...
digi0: Cannot init without BIOS

Seems that it can not load the BIOS into the card.

-current) (5.2.1) had the same problem. Kernel crashed while booting with a very
similar error with -stable but came up with a debug prompt.

How can I help debug this one? Can anyone please advise?

Thank you,
Lefteris Tsintjelis