SATA on FreeBSD-4.x

Rumen Telbizov altares at e-card.bg
Sat May 15 04:02:07 PDT 2004

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 10:09:13PM -0400, Forrest Aldrich wrote:
> Is there an issue with SATA drives (Silicon Image controller) on
> FreeBSD-4.x?
>
> I'm able to see only the master drives on 4.10 and 4.9 -- whereas, on
> 5.x I'm able to see both the master and slave drives.

Master and Slave ?! On Serial ATA!? As far as I know
there is no second device on a single SATA controller!

I am running 2 server with serial ata controllers
(HighPoint and a builtin one) and so far I had NO problems
at all! HighPoint seem to be very stable (after a bios update)
and quite fast! My OS is FreeBSD 4.9 (and 4.10-PRERELEASE).

Good Luck

Rumen Telbizov