Secure NFS (sNFS) on 4-Stable: has somebody succeeded?

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Thu May 13 14:38:49 PDT 2004

On Thu, 13 May 2004 20:51:52 +0900
Rob <stopspam at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Found the solution.
> I downloaded the most recent release from the perl homepage,
> compiled that and installed in a separate directory (/opt/perl),
> created a link $HOME/bin/perl->[my new perl]. And all went
> like a charm.
>
> Probably a good choice in 5.X to remove perl from base system
> and have it as a package/port.

Do you know that you can achieve the same thing in 4.x with two easy
steps?
1) install the perl port (currently at version 5.8)
2) perform the comand 'use.perl port' to have the system use the perl
    version from port instead of the version installed in the base
system.

And you can reverse it with 'use.perl system'

HTH
--
Torfinn Ingolfsen,
Norway