How-to: Install Samba

David W. Chapman Jr. dwcjr at inethouston.net
Thu May 13 07:07:08 PDT 2004

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 09:05:47AM -0500, David W. Chapman Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 11:58:27AM +0800, Evan Oberholster wrote:
> > I am new to Freebsd and unix is there anyone who is experienced in installing and configuring Samba 3.0.1 with a password database?
> >
> If nobody responds here you'll want to look at the extensive how-to
> on samba.org and if that doesn't help you, the samba mailing list
> would be more suited to helping you than this list after you have
> samba installed from the ports.  If you have a problem actually
> installing the port, this list would be a good place to start.

Sorry, didn't see which list you posted to, ports at freebsd.org would
be a better place to start if you're having problems installing the
samba port.  I would recomment 3.0.4 which is in
/usr/ports/net/samba-devel though.
--
David W. Chapman Jr.
dwcjr at inethouston.net	Raintree Network Services, Inc. <www.inethouston.net>