Multiple Internet feeds to a single machine.

Eli K. Breen eli at gopostal.ca
Wed May 12 15:29:20 PDT 2004

Has anyone successfully used two different Internet connections to feed
a single BSD machine, without BGP?

The idea is as follows:

I have connection "A" which is SDSL, so has a fast upload, but I have to
pay for usage.
and I have connection "B", which is Shaw, fast and relatively cheap, but
has poor upload.

Ultimately I would like to serve up content to the world via my SDSL
line, yet blaze my regular surfing/download traffic over the Shaw wire.

I would like all inbound connections to take place over SDSL, however
all outbound to go over Cable.

I've looked at ipfw, ngctl, routed, route, natd... so far ngctl looks
like the way, but I'm having no luck.

Also, it is possible to have two copies of natd running on different
ports in order to accomplish this (each with their own config file)?
natd-a : 8668,
natd-b: 8669 and have the following rules in ipfw:

20 divert 8668 ip from any to any via <shaw interface>
21 divert 8669 ip from any to any via <SDSL interface>

Thanks!

-E-