gdi printer driver

Alex Trull atrull at hybyte.com
Mon May 10 04:50:49 PDT 2004

* John Nielsen <lists at jnielsen.net> [2004-05-08 18:57:28 -0600]:

> I haven't done much with apsfilter, but I am successfully using the gdi
> driver with CUPS and a Lexmark E210 printer (which is basically a
> relabelled Samsung).  Check out linuxprinting.org if you want to go that
> route.
>
> BTW, this might be a question better suited to the -questions list.
>
> JN
>
> On Saturday 08 May 2004 06:35 pm, Mike Wilson wrote:
> > I have a Samsung ML1430 printer which should work with the gdi printer
> > driver.  I have the latest version of ghostscript-gnu and apsfilter.
> > When I look for the gdi driver in the lists in apsfilter, no gdi driver
> > is listed.  Ghostscript claims to include that driver.  Any ideas?
> > GoodOlMike

I've managed to get a Samsung ML-1510 (usb) working with my 4.9 system -
networked printing over ipp. look into cups, foomatic scripts and see some posts
related to these and a brother printer by Miguel Mendez. You'll need Generic
Adobe postscript drivers if you want to allow windows clients to print.

You can install the foomatic scripts either through ports, or through the
linuxprinting.org pages.

Cheers,

Alex Trull
Systems and Network Administrator
Cell   : +44 (0) 7966  203990  | Hybyte Solutions & Services Ltd
Office : +44 (0) 2079  764NNN  | 114-116 Rochester Row, Victoria
Main: 200 Direct: 219 Fax: 229 | London SW1P 1JQ, GB
https://mail.uk.hybyte.net/~atrull/pgppub.key 0x1DCBCFB7