rpc.rstatd crashes 4.8-S

Volker Stolz vs at freebsd.org
Tue May 4 03:22:54 PDT 2004

Okay, this release is about 6 month old and I'm unable to reproduce
this on 4.10, but that's a completely different machine with different
NICs and ipfw-rules anyway. On that particular machine it's 100%
reproducible, though: I tested once "rup" (after getting hosts.allow
correctly configured) and "rup 127.0.0.1".
Sorry, no debugging symbols for the daemon.

FreeBSD theater.foldr.org 4.8-STABLE FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE #0: Sun Aug 17 17:17:06 CEST 2003     root at monster.theater.foldr.org:/opt/obj/opt/src/sys/GATE  i386

IdlePTD at phsyical address 0x0041b000
initial pcb at physical address 0x00344380
panicstr: page fault
panic messages:
---
fault virtual address   = 0x5c
fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc01bc17f
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xc98c1d4c
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xc98c1e20
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 4246 (rpc.rstatd)
interrupt mask          = none
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault

syncing disks... 9
done
Uptime: 2d2h12m22s

#0  0xc017488a in dumpsys ()
(kgdb) bt
#0  0xc017488a in dumpsys ()
#1  0xc017465b in boot ()
#2  0xc0174a80 in poweroff_wait ()
#3  0xc02b5d2e in trap_fatal ()
#4  0xc02b5a01 in trap_pfault ()
#5  0xc02b55bf in trap ()
#6  0xc01bc17f in sysctl_ifdata ()
#7  0xc017954e in sysctl_root ()
#8  0xc0179709 in userland_sysctl ()
#9  0xc01795c8 in __sysctl ()
#10 0xc02b5fdd in syscall2 ()
#11 0xc02a9aa5 in Xint0x80_syscall ()
#12 0x8049467 in ?? ()
#13 0x8048ef4 in ?? ()
#14 0x8048f28 in ?? ()
#15 0x80498e2 in ?? ()
#16 0x280bc4b9 in ?? ()
#17 0x2809a8ff in ?? ()
#18 0x8048eb5 in ?? ()
#19 0x8048bd6 in ?? ()

--
http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/stolz/ *** PGP *** S/MIME
Neu! Ändern Sie den Anfangstag Ihrer Woche