FreeBSD + Sendmail + ClamAV + MailScanner >> not binding to ethernet

Cameron Murdoch cam at macaroon.net
Mon May 3 10:56:20 PDT 2004

freebsd at vfemail.net wrote:
> I am trying to setup a mail box using FreeBSD 4.9, Sendmail, ClamAB and
> MailScanner. This is how I did it.
> sendmail_enable="YES"
> sendmail_enable="NO"

Hi,

I use these commands to make sendmail play nice with MailScanner:

sendmail -L sm-mta -bd -ODeliveryMode=queueonly -OQueueDirectory=/*path
to Mailscanner incoming directory*
sendmail -L sm-queue -q30m

I believe this setup requires the MailScanner outbound directory to be
the sendmail default, ie /var/spool/mqueue.  I used the rc.conf sendmail
options to run sendmail this way at startup.

There is a /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mta.sh.sample script which mailscanner
installs and should be able to configure sendmail correctly, so perhaps
play with that. I preferred setting it myself though.

Cheers,

Cam