HEADSUP!!! USB MFC committed

Christopher Sean Hilton chris at vindaloo.com
Fri Mar 19 10:20:15 PST 2004

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 10:23:45AM -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:

> These just need ID strings put in the usbdevs file. (or somewhere)

I can figure out how to do that and submit a patch.

> Should I take this to mean that there is NOT a problem, or that there
> is still a problem, but not as bad as you originally thought?

This is still a problem. It takes two minutes to probe and connect the
memorex pendrive. During that two minutes you cannot currently use the
usb bus (mouse, other disk drives etc). Also I've caused the kernel to
panic during the probe on a couple of occasions.

-- chris

--
Chris Hilton                                 chilton-at-vindaloo-dot-com