Promise SX4000 Support in -STABLE?

Tobias c4 at portad.se
Thu Mar 18 12:38:13 PST 2004

Accordingly to the promise handbook this card is supported in FreeBSD4.x
http://www.promise.com/support/file/manual/1_FastTrak%20SX%20Series%20UM%20v3.6.pdf

However,
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=54351+57398+/usr/local/www/db/text/2004/freebsd-performance/20040208.freebsd-performance
seems to say that it is NOT supported...
Now the question is, who is right? I am leaning toward the freebsd users
since promise dosn't even have a driver on their website (alltho they claim
that).
Has anyone run an SX4000 card with success in freebsd? If so, what kind of
speeds when writing could I expect on a RAID 5 (Yes I know that the amount
of ram installed should be taken into account but DIMM is cheap...)