ATI Radeon 9600 SE & OpenGL?

Eugene Grosbein eugen at kuzbass.ru
Tue Mar 16 22:33:08 PST 2004

Palle Girgensohn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Any way to get OpenGL working w/ an ATI Radeon SE? I use a fresh FreeBSD
> 4-STABLE with XFree86-4.3.99. The kernel does not probe anything, dmesg |
> egrep '(drm|agp|dri)' gives nothing.
>
> I guess this card in unsupported? Will it become supported anytime soon?
> Can I do something to help, besides hacking, which I unfortunately don't
> have time to. :(

Hi!

It works very well with your configuration. You have to do 2 things
to get it working:

1. Add PCI device ID to sys/dev/drm/radeon_drv.c:
http://freebsd.rambler.ru/bsdmail/freebsd-bugs_2003/msg05970.html

2. Include device agp and device radeondrm in your kernel configuration
   and rebuild the kernel.

Eugene Grosbein