Portupgrade failing.

Dave Bradshaw dave_bradshaw at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 14:02:02 PST 2004

Dear All,

Rebuilt a fresh system from CD today, ran cvsup ports-supfile to get the
latest packages.
Followed that by a portsdb -Uu and then a portversion -l "<" to see how
many ports needed upgrading.

I then ran portupgrade -arR and a load a packages are not upgraded.

It would seem a lot failed but is it all related to this message -
x11-toolkits/gtk20 (gtk-2.2.4)  (install error).

Any thoughts on how I can overcome this problem, has gtk-2.2.4 changed
recently.

If I try and install the failed ones individually, the first thing they
do is try and install/upgrade gtk-2.2.4 and then the whole upgrage fails
with-
The following packages were not installed or upgraded (*:skipped /
!:failed)
! x11-toolkits/gtk20 (gtk-2.2.4) (install error)

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

	Dave.