``top'' and other process issues on 4.10-R

Oliver Brandmueller ob at e-Gitt.NET
Wed Jun 30 02:30:29 PDT 2004

Hi.

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 11:40:46AM +0930, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:54, Doug White wrote:
> > On the plus side, it hasn't done it to me on -stable in a long time, and
> > never on -current :)
>
> I've seen it happen on -current :(
> Pretty rare though.

Confirmed. I cannot consistently reproduce it, but it seems to happen
under load. The machine does very I/O bound things and uses a lot of
pipes, not so much CPU load, when it happens.

- Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |