Stable with SATA

Bjoern Koenig bkoenig at cs.tu-berlin.de
Tue Jun 29 01:04:39 PDT 2004

Ivan wrote:

> hi, i'd like to install freebsd 4.10 on my computer and use it like a web
> and mail server. my problem is that i need a promise fastrak sata 378 or
> compatible driver to be able to install freebsd on my sata drive. is there
> such a driver? i'm new to freebsd and unix. can anybody explain me how i
> can solve this problem. thanks.

378 isn't helpful since Promise hides its chip model numbers well.

FreeBSD 4.10 supports Promise Fasttrak-33, -66, -100, -100 TX2/TX4, -133
TX2/TX2000 [1]. So I think your controller is also supported; at least if
you use single disks. Did you tried it already?

Bjoern

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.10R/hardware-i386.html#AEN34