nullfs in 4.10

Tim Robbins tjr at freebsd.org
Thu Jun 24 08:25:02 GMT 2004

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 01:14:47AM +0200, Oldach, Helge wrote:
> > From: owner-freebsd-stable at freebsd.org
> [mailto:owner-freebsd-stable at freebsd.org]On Behalf Of Pawel Malachowski
> > On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 04:46:01PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > > Many *are* using it in 4 quite effectively ... those that tout it as
> being
> > > 'broken' all the time are those that are either trying to do something
> > > that is known to cause problems (ie. FIFOs)
> >
> > I guess it is hard to do this with nullfs mounted ro (like kern/63662).
>
> Yes, and tjr@ also had compiled some nullfs fixes some time ago which
> didn't yet get committed: http://people.freebsd.org/~tjr/nullfs-4.diff. Tim
> said
> he would want to "check some things first" but probably got distracted.

It was a combination of disk failure on my RELENG_4 machine, getting
distracted, and generally not having a lot of time to work on FreeBSD.
The patch should still apply cleanly to -stable (little has changed in
nullfs since I generated it), but it's unlikely that I'll get around
to committing it. (I encourage any interested committer to test it &
commit it, though.)

Tim