5.2.1 with 40000 virus scanned mails / day on Dell hardware?(Hardware suggestions)

Karl M. Joch k.joch at ctseuro.com
Wed Jun 23 08:51:10 PDT 2004

Hello,

I need to setup 3 servers on different locations as mail gateway with
about 40k mail per day each. the servers runs MailScanner, Clamav and
Spamassassin. The customer has Dell hardware and only buys Dell hardware.

Has anybody experience with Dell servers which runs under FreeBSD. I
think about systems with Dual Xeon 3.0, 4 GB Ram and fast SCSI Hot Plug
Raid 5 which should be strong enough to handle that amount of mails
forwarding them to a Notes server.

Many thanks,

--
Best regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Karl M. Joch