Annoying delays appeared while connecting to the server

Illia Baidakov illich at newchem.ru
Wed Jun 23 11:01:44 GMT 2004

Hello freebsd-stable,

  I noticed it about a week ago. My local hosts have suffering
  such delays while connecting to the (imho) tcp-wrapped services,
  namely ssh, smtp, mysql.
  It looks like the addresses to names resolving. I don't need to resolve my
  local names or addresses now. There was not any delays early.
  But they have appeared without any visable reason.

  What could to involve a such system behaviour?
  How should I return my system to previous state?

P.S.  I will not want neither to edit the /etc/hosts file nor create
      and maintain dns-zones for the internal hosts.

--
Thanks in advance
Illia Baidakov.