Trouble compiling lang/php4 (4.3.7)

Roger Raymond roger.raymond at asphyxia.com
Tue Jun 22 13:23:12 GMT 2004

Sayid Munawar wrote:
> Yes... i received the same error and i posted here too with the subject:
>
> libtool problem or SMP problem or port problem or what?
>
> I have tried to cvsup my ports collection yesterday, but the problem
> persist. I think one of the php's feature (WITH_ ) is leading to this
> problem. but i don't know stil. PHP compiled OK with default WITH_ options

I saw that post after I had written mine.  The responses were not all
that helpful IMO.  I too was able to compile php4-cli with the 'default'
set of options, so i guess it's now a guessing game and I'll have to
turn off each option i have on one at a time and try to build the port
until I get it to compile successfully.

Will post my findings should I stumble upon them :)

--Roger